Pages

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Creative Girl Paper Flowers

Product Review:

This is not a super dooper thumbs up, but something I plan to revisit. The kit is actually for a 6 year old as I learned this week sometimes "they" are right about age requirements. Not that I really thought she would be able to create her own flower this round but I expected her to like mixing the papers and picking colors. She did like that for a bit but then continued to just scrunch and tear the tissue paper. But hey that can be fun also; I see a tearing paper project coming soon. I was hoping it would have been super easy but actually seems (at least for us) that we will need some practice. I thought it would be cool to make some flowers for Nessa's 1st Birthday Hippie Chic party. If we get it down you will be seeing lots more flowers in September and if we don't - balloons are always lovely! I hope we get it down because I have tons of tissue paper to recycle. Not that I am a hoarder but I saved all the usable sheets of tissue paper from my baby shower as well as Maise's 1st birthday, Trust me that is a lot of paper.

So for next time I have saved one pattern each of the papers but could probably come up with tons of shapes. You need tissue paper of varying size with detailed edges and some pipe cleaners. (Scissors if you do it from scratch. Layer the sheets largest to smallest then fold like a fan, cinched with a pipe cleaner, meet in a circle at the edges and fluff. Well as you will see it is not as easy as it sounds but we made them for great-grandma and she loved them!










3 comments:

  1. Your right, I think those look like a lot of work! But you guys did great, love the pictures of the process!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It was pretty fun! i am so excited about our ohio trip this weekend. Are you still down for the zoo? No pressure if not we may just hang pool side because your zoo is very expensive. Even the ball game is cheaper:) Either way hope we can still bump into each other!

    ReplyDelete